NIICAP Benefits for Asset Owners
Industry Designed/Managed Oversight Program
- Comprehensive audit process. Includes extensive administrative pre-audit review and communications; on-site audit (shop and field); at least one on-site audit event and observation of the contractor during a job-in-progress; and a post audit debrief.
- For AS-3, the audit also includes highly structured on-site audit of employees in the contractor’s internal training program.
- Technically capable experts will administer thorough field and shop audits.
- Accreditation choice. Now more than one organization offereing coatings accreditation.
- Fair and efficient Appeals Procedure will be available to both owners and contractors.
Reduce Costs/Increase Profits
- Auditor experience and expertise is an invaluable asset.
- Minimize re-work and call-backs.
- Increased owner satisfaction.
- Best practices are developed and utilized to increase asset life and improve asset performance. Quality ultimately has a positive effect on net revenue.
- Reduce time and process of finding, vetting and selecting qualified contractors.
- Improve asset life and performance reduces non-productive time, turnarounds and shutdowns.
Reduce Risk & Improve Safety (HSE - Health, Safety & Environmental)
- Supports existing HSE and corporate responsibility programs. Companies can utilize quality applicators who understand and adhere to HSE culture.
- Provides concrete and convenient data for HSE audits.
Improve Quality through Best Practices & Industry-Developed Audit Standards
- NIICAP is industry-designed and managed. All technical aspects, audit checklists and auditor qualifications are created by a collective group of third party owner and contractor experts.
- Best practices defined and shared by third party/independent groups with complete confidentiality.
- Real-time information and audit data will be available for participating contractors.